November 24, 2008

Good ole' Texas BBQ

So....this is the infamous great BBQ place I keep talking about, Rudy's. I love it for it's pure simplicity. It really is good old' home cooked or smoked BBQ. And they have the best chocolate pudding I've come across in 28 years. Basically, it's a gas station, country store and BBQ. But, believe me, it's not like when you pull up to the Circle K and run in to grab an old, who knows when or where it was prepared taquito or something, this is the real deal. They serve sort of like the cafeteria line in middle school. You grab your drink, side items and then they cut you off a slice of meat and put it in your crate (there are no plates, only wax paper) and you go find a seat at the picnic table. Only, there's not the fear of middle school cafeteria like, who am I going to sit with? Is it cool to sit in this corner or will I get food thrown at me? Ha! Anyhoo, I'm not quite brave enough yet to snap pictures of random people chowing down on potato salad in a public restaurant yet, so there are no pics to get a feel for the inside. I was afraid of being accused of the papparazzi! And isn't the sign catchy? Sausage, get it? Ha! And check out those fuel prices, wow! Not that fuel signs are that interesting, but I'm really in disbelief of the price these days and I feel like I have to have the pictures to prove it!





smOOches, Emily

No comments: