November 30, 2008

Wedding bells!

After Thanksgiving we went to stay in Dallas for our friends, Drew and Leslie's wedding. Drew is a great friend of ours who works with JD and also an old roomie of his. Friday the men played a golf tournament so Sara and I met up with all the kiddos and went to breakfast at Cafe Brazil, great food, and then I took the girls to the Dallas World Aquarium. It was a great idea, but I have no pictures because it was so crowded I couldn't get the camera out without getting run over or having thoughts of cussing at somebody. Like I said, it was a good idea, maybe for some other time?

On the way to the wedding



dah dah da da...

First dance
Father-daughter dance.
Brian and Beth

The newlyweds and us

Sara and I

I took this picture specifically for you, Heidi! Remember how we were talking about Houston being so fashion-forward? This was the first encounter I had seeing some unusual style! I saw these rare beauties and had to get a picture! Ha!

The band was fantastic to say the least. They played a great variety of music and kept everyone going. They were so much fun.

Flower girls

Sara and Samantha

A serenade from sigma chi...it was orchestrated so lovely ;-)

David, Corey, BV and Derek

Head table

yummy

Drew and JD
The Howards

One thing I have learned from being in Texas is that these Texans take their
Whataburger very seriously. Up until now, I may have seen one here or there on a road trip, but there is one on every corner here. So as we're leaving the reception I notice what appears to be a gift table...or something...on further inspection, it turned out to be wedding favors, Whataburger combo meals!? Yes, you read that right, fast food for wedding favors! As strange as it was, it was perfect timing after dancing so much and working up an appetite. A unique idea for sure.

Eric enjoying his goods
The getaway car

SmOOches, Emily

1 comment:

Heidi S said...

Rare beauties, for sure! Sometimes those hip fashions have to grow on me. Maybe in another few months, I might just consider some high-heel saddle shoes!

I looks like you guys are doing so great. I'm glad to see that!